- About Us
- Public Relations
- Social Enterprise
- Blog & Resources
Skills Connect for Immigrants
ASPECT is proud to bring you the Skills Connect for Immigrants program in regions across the province. You have the skills, qualifications and experience BC needs and we look forward to helping you find that perfect employment fit. Our program provides an individual approach, tailored to meet your needs.
- You became a permanent resident of Canada within the last 5 years, and
- Your are unemployed or underemployed; and
- Have an intermediate to advanced level of English language proficiency
If you’re eligible, we will:
- assess your skills, qualifications and experiences;
- provide targeted career counselling and career planning services;
- provide job seeking skills and support and an introduction to Canadian workplace culture
- improve your language skills and help to upgrade other skills; or
- industry specific skills training;
- provide connections to and assistance with regulating bodies; and
- provide hands-on workplace experience through mentoring and other innovative approaches.
80% of the participants who completed this program have found a meaningful career that uses their skills and training. Others have had skills upgrading and training to set them firmly on their career path. Will you be our next success story?
For more information on how get started with the Skills Connect for Immigrants program, please contact the Service Deliverer in your area.
The BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program is part of the WelcomeBC umbrella of services, made possible through funding from the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
101 - 9907 99th Ave.
Fort St. John, BC V1J 1V1
Contact: Christine Bourgeois
Phone: (250) 787-0024
Hecate Strait Employment Development Society
208 First Avenue East
Prince Rupert, BC V8J 4M8
Contact: Lena Steinbrenner
Phone: (250) 624-9498
Immigrant & Multicultural Services Society
1633 Victoria St.
Prince George, BC V2L 2L4
Contact: Romana Pasca
Phone: (250) 562-2900
Greater Trail Community Skills Centre
123 - 1290 Esplanade
Contact: Karina Allis
Phone: (250) 368-6360
North Okanagan Employment Enhancement Society
102 - 3201 30th St.
Vernon, BC V1T 9G9
Contact: Rob Donald
Phone: (250) 545-0585
Pentiction & District Multicultural Society
508 Main Street
Penticton, BC V2A 5C7
Contact: Chris Hartt
Phone: (250) 492-6299
Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society
114 - 285 Prideaux St.
Nanaimo, BC V9R 2N2
Also delivers in Duncan, Ladysmith, Parksville and Qualicum
Contact: Charlee Touchette
Phone: (250) 753-6911
Creative Employment Access Society
103 - 555 Fourth Street
Courtenay, BC V9N 1H3
Contact: Renee Friedman
Phone: (250) 334-3119
North Island Employment Foundations Society
870C 13th Ave.
Campbell River, BC V9W 4H2
Also delivers in Courtney
Contact: Carole Yole
Phone: (250) 286-3441
Island Work Transitions, Inc.
4805B Mar Street
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8J5
Also delivers in Tofino and Ucluelet
Contact: Sarah Ethier
Phone: (250) 724-4560
Toll Free: 1-888-454-4560